You’ve seen the advertisements – Make Thousands of Dollar a Week Reading Email! Click On Adds to Earn Hundreds a Day! They’re offers that seem too good to be true… and they are. Working from home is an appealing idea for a lot of people, which makes it an area that can be rife with scams. If you want to work from home but aren’t interested in being scammed out of the hard earned cash you’ve already made, don’t worry.
There are plenty of opportunities out there for anyone who looks.
First of all here are some things to stay away from:
- Cash up-front: You wouldn’t pay a brick and mortar business to let you work for them, would you? Of course not! The same should be true of internet business as well. If any opportunity requests that you give them an up-front payment, run away quickly. They’re looking to scam you and are not worth your time.
- Too Good to Be True: Think about it – is it really feasible to make thousands of dollars reading emails? Where is that money coming from? If you think through an offer and it just doesn’t make sense, chances are it’s a scam. The best case scenario is that you waste a lot of your time for pennies. Chances are you won’t even get that.
- Lots of Personal Information: Any online job is going to require some personal information. Your name, address, and birth date are pretty standard. However, when sites start to get really nosy you should probably be wary. If they want to know your bank account information or passwords into other sites, don’t give it to them!
See Related: Best Surveys for Free Makeup
Now, some things to look for
- Good Reviews: If you’ve talked to someone who has used a particular site or opportunity and speak highly of it, chances are it’s a legitimate opportunity. Take some time to research before signing up to find sites that are well thought of. Read into this article a little more to find some work at home survey sites that we recommend.
- Good Payout: What’s the point of working if you’re not going to get paid well for your time? You want to make sure you’re getting enough money to make it worth your while.
- A Solid Business Plan: Again, the job opportunity needs to make sense. A legitimate job will have an obvious source of income and a clear reason for why you’re doing the work.
Taking all of these points into account, one of the best work from home opportunities out there are online surveys. There are lots of reasons that surveys are some of the best legitimate online jobs out there – here are just a few of them:
- They Make Sense: Online surveys are not too good to be true. There are companies out there who need opinions from consumers in order to craft new products. Companies also need to know how current advertising campaigns are working. These are just two out of hundreds of reasons someone will pay you for your opinion. There is a legitimate reason for you to be doing this work.
- They Pay Well: Many surveys will pay you several dollars for ten or fifteen minutes of work. You can make a decent hourly wage this way, and do it in your bathrobe!
- No Money Up-Front: This point does come with a small caveat. You may come across a survey site that asks for money up front. This is a scam! There’s no reason to waste your time on these sites because there are plenty of other legit survey opportunities out there for you.
Interested in some of those scam-free sites? Here’s a list of the ones we’ve tested out and approve of:
- Global US Test Market – This survey site has over 1 million users, and is certified by the Better Business Bureau. Do I need to say more
- 5in5Now – A website that will send you a $5 survey offer every day. even make payments through PayPal!
- Global Survey Group – A global survey site that even presents you a chance to win cars!
- Survey Downline – Yet another fantastic online survey website that is very easy to sign up for and completely free of charge.
There are lots of different online jobs out there, but online surveys are one of the best. Legitimate survey sites will ask for just enough information to hook you up with surveys , but they will never pry for unnecessary information. The legit sites require no money to get started, but will pay out well and regularly. As long as you keep up with taking surveys, you can be sure that money will keep making its way into your bank account.
Don’t get caught up in the hype that surrounds working from home today. Stay away from anything that sounds too good to be true and focus your efforts on trustworthy sites like the ones listed above. Before you know it you’ll have a comfortable and profitable work from home job.