Tired of working the same old boring 9-5 job, or just looking to earn a little extra income on the side? There are a variety of ways in which you can work from home, although most of them are “get rich quick” schemes that don’t pay off in the end.
One of the best legitimate ways to earn an income from home is by taking online surveys.
While you won’t become a millionaire overnight, if you follow a few simple tips you can find yourself making a tidy little profit, merely by spending a few hours a day (or night) taking surveys.
Table of Contents
1. Distinguish the Good Survey Sites From the Bad
All survey sites are different. Most actually try to get you to pay your hard-earned money upfront before they’ll assign you any surveys- avoid these like the plague!
You do not have to pay money in order to make money.
The way legitimate business models work is fairly simple:
- A company, such as Pepsi or Coca-Cola, pays a survey business for feedback on their product, logo or service.
- The survey company sends the survey out to the people on their lists.
- The members of the survey lists complete the surveys.
- The survey company compensates those who completed the surveys.
See Related: SurveyTime Review: Is It Worth It?
2. Establish a Formula to Maximize Your Profit
You’re not going to make a large income by just signing up to one survey site, simply because one site will not send you enough surveys to make much money. There’s a simple solution, however- sign up to multiple free survey sites.
This will increase the number of survey opportunities you receive, which means an increased income.
See Related: QuickThoughts Review: Is It Legit or a Scam?
3.Create a Single Email for All Survey Activity
This step is important- the last thing you want to do is bombard your personal email account with online survey offers. You also want to keep every survey organized on your computer.
A separate account used specifically for your online survey opportunities is a wise move- and it only takes a few minutes to create a new email account!
Gmail is an easy-to-use, free email hosting service which will help you keep yourself organized as you venture forward with your new side-job! (Some examples of good email addresses are: [email protected] or [email protected])
See Related: Opinion Outpost Review: Is It Legit or a Scam?
4. Sign Up For Free Survey Sites With Your Survey Account
You will want to sign up for as many survey sites as possible in order to really maximize your profit.
Simply put the more survey sites you sign up for = the faster you make money. Be sure to use your designated survey account so you won’t have to worry about any survey opportunities being sent to your spam folder (not to mention avoiding actual spam!)
Be sure to follow the “golden rule” of taking surveys… NEVER sign up for a site that requires you to pay money upfront! These sites are most likely scams.
Here is a list of some of the best free survey sites on the web, which we definitely recommend:
Best Survey Sites To Make Money With
- NEW – SurveyExpress – A free list of the top 10 survey sites based on actual survey takers feedback and research.
- Global US Test Market – This survey site has over 1 million users, and is certified by the Better Business Bureau. Do I need to say more
- Fusion Cash – A GREAT survey site that even makes payments through PayPal! This makes the collection process MUCH easier.
- Survey Downline – Yet another fantastic online survey website that is very easy to sign up for and completely free of charge.
- Global Survey Group – A global survey site that even presents you a chance to win cars!
These sites are absolutely free for you to try, so if you’re still sort of testing the waters of taking surveys from home, it doesn’t hurt to try them out!
While there are definitely more survey sites out there for you to try out, these are a great way to start. Many people get discouraged because they don’t feel enough survey opportunities are being sent their way- you shouldn’t have to worry about this if you sign up for all these free survey sites.
A word of advice: Don’t forget to confirm your subscription in the follow up email! If you don’t confirm your subscription to the survey sites’ lists, no surveys will be sent to you.
See Related: ZenSurveys Reviews: Is It a Scam?
5.Take Surveys For Money, Go Ahead!
The best way to keep up on taking surveys is viewing it as any other job and set aside a designated “work” time.
This can be whenever you prefer- one of the best things about working from home is you can establish your own schedule. If you’re a night owl, then do it at night; if you work best first thing in the morning, then you’ll probably want to work then.
Once you get into the rhythm of taking surveys from multiple sites, you should be able to complete surveys in a matter of minutes. It will take a while at first, but don’t worry- eventually, you’ll get the hang of it.
Survey sites will pay you for every survey you complete (the amount paid per survey varies.) If you keep at it consistently, you can earn a steady income simply by taking online surveys.