If you’re a stay at home mom it’s no secret that you’re busy, stressed, and could use a few extra bucks. The reason is clear – your children are what come first. If you want to make sure your children are getting the care that only you can provide them, but still need to find a way to supplement your income, completing online surveys is the one of the best thing you can do.
Why Online Surveys?
Online surveys are great stay at home mom jobs for a few reasons:
1) They can be completed from home: The best thing about being a stay at home mom is being around your children. Leaving the home to work sort of defeats the purpose! That’s why online surveys are so useful. Because you complete them online, you’re able to do as many as you want without leaving your kids.
2) They’re flexible: The thing that stay at home moms need most from a job is flexibility. If the work can’t fit their schedule then the work can’t be done. With online surveys, you get to choose when you work and for how long. Do you have fifteen minutes after dinner? Perfect! Do a survey. Do you have a larger block of time while the kids are at soccer practice? Awesome, do several. It’s work that’s there when you want to do it.
3) It’s free: This is one of the best parts of online surveys. You don’t have to put any money down to do them, but that’s just the beginning. Getting a job outside the home requires you to spend money on new clothes, gas, car repairs, lunches, childcare and a laundry list of other things. By working from home, though, you don’t have to spend money on any of those things. Everything you make you get to keep.
See Related: Seasonal Jobs to Apply For This Holiday Season
Things to Be Aware Of
While there are a lot of advantages to taking online surveys, there are a few things you need to be aware of to make sure you’re getting the most out of them. Take this advice to make sure you’re not wasting your time:
1) Don’t pay any money up front: If you find a site that says it will hook you up with a ton of surveys if you pay them, stay far, far away. Legit survey sites will never, ever ask you to pay to take surveys. There are lots of legitimate survey sites out there that will keep you plenty busy for free – read further on in this article for a list of the best ones.
2) Put in the time: While the flexibility of online survey taking is great, you won’t make any money if you don’t put in time and effort. Unlike a conventional job where you have to work just because you’re there, there’s no outside pressure to complete surveys. You have to hold yourself accountable to make sure you’re putting in the time to make some money. No one else can do that for you.
3) Have fun: This is the most important part! Any job can become a chore if you don’t approach it with the right attitude. Online surveys have the same problem. In order to keep the tasks fun and interesting, come up with some ways to make them more fun for yourself. Listen to your favorite music or movie while you’re doing them, for instance. Or maybe start tracking the time it takes you to complete each one and see if you can improve on it. Make things interesting and fun and you’ll be motivated to make more money.
See Related: Best Survey Apps to Earn on Your Phone
The Best Sites
In order to get the most money, you’re going to want to partner with the best sites. We recommend signing up for as many sites as you can. That way you’ll be sure to always have an inbox full of survey offers. We’ve tried out the following sites and have been very pleased by our results:
- Global US Test Market – This survey site has over 1 million users, and is certified by the Better Business Bureau. Do I need to say more
- Fusion Cash – A GREAT survey site that even makes payments through PayPal! This makes the collection process MUCH easier.
- Survey Downline – Yet another fantastic online survey website that is very easy to sign up for and completely free of charge.
- Global Survey Group – A global survey site that even presents you a chance to win cars!
Another thing we recommend is creating a second email account to use to sign up for these sites. That way you’ll have a place to store all of your survey invitations without cluttering up you regular inbox.
Stay at home moms have one of the toughest jobs out there. Online surveys are a great way for moms to earn some extra cash without taking their focus off their children. It costs nothing to get started, and once you get going you’ll find that they’re the perfect complement to your busy, wonderful lifestyle.